Learn to Speed Skate
- This program is designed for children ages 4 to 9 years old who have some skating experience.
- The goal of the program is to develop the skater's skills and confidence on ice in a fun and supportive environment.
- The on ice sessions are One (1) hour in length and held weekly at the Rocky Ridge YMCA.
- We develop fun races so the kids get experienced and will have the opportunity to enter a sanctioned competition. The focus will be on fun and skill-based activities that reinforce the development of skating-specific skills.
- Skaters can wear Hockey Skates, Figure Skates or Speed Skates.
- Speed Skate rentals for the year are available at the Olympic Oval.
Shane Homes Rocky Ridge YMCA
Mondays from 5-6pm
Registration opens AUGUST 1, 2019!
Starts September 9th, 2019
Starts January 6th, 2020