Learn to Train
- This program is designed for skaters 9+ years old who are comfortable on skates.
- The goal of the program is to focus on proper speed skating techniques and skill development. This group has both Short track ice time (YWCA) and Long track ice time (Olympic Oval).
- Skaters are encouraged to enter local competitions as their skills and confidence grow.
- Speed Skate rentals for the year are available at the Olympic Oval.
- This is program is 3 days a week, with 2 sessions at the YWCA and 1 at the Olympic Oval. Each session will be 1 hour in duration. Short Track only option for 2 days a week available.
Shane Homes Rocky Ridge YMCA and Olympic Oval
Shane Homes Rocky Ridge YMCA
- Mondays from 5-6pm
- Fridays 4:00-5:15PM
Olympic Oval University of Calgary
Registration opens AUGUST 1, 2019!
Starts September 9th, 2019
Starts January 6th, 2020